Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Friday, July 8, 2011

Showing off my June swap creations

Most of my June swaps went out late, due to the postal strike and my general state of malaise.  I’m all caught up now though, just in time to start working on the July swaps Smile   Here’s pics of what I’ve sent out for last month.  I haven’t received any of my June swap items yet, but I suspect there will be some arriving soon. 

By the way, they have changed the postal delivery in town.  Now the mail is dropped off and picked up at 8:15 in the morning, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  This should speed the mail up somewhat as one will be able to post items between 8 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. and have them go out that day.  And the mail will be sorted into the boxes by about noon.

On to the pics…

Hexagons for Hanne.  She asked for bright colours with yellow centres.

IMG_3699

Just a sneak peek of Linda's block for the Christmas Block Swap.  I sent this out the earliest but I don’t know whether she has received it yet.

IMG_3703

And a sneak peek for Lynn of her Adventure Swap block.  Lynn wanted autumn colours.

IMG_3731A

Marina's round robin wool pincushion top is finally on its way home to her.  Isn’t it beautiful?!  That is mostly thanks to Sue and Jacqueline who had it before me…

IMG_3732

Here is the mug rug I made for my secret partner in Leona's second mug rug swap.  She asked for modern fabrics, so I got to use some of my recent modern fabric stash building purchases.  Completely sewn by hand.  Front….

IMG_3733

And back. 

IMG_3734

I’ve decided that I LOVE that Silent Cinema fabric – this backing and the two other greys from the front.

I sent a block for Kaaren's quilt, which is being organized by Allie (in case anyone wants to send a block who hasn’t yet, check Allie’s blog).

IMG_3702

And lastly I promised Marina I would show her this UFO.  Check out this quilt that she has made using really similar fabric!

IMG_3735

I’m going to finish this quilt some day….

I have some pictures of interesting items to show – I’ll be back tomorrow with some of those and results for the giveaway.

Janet

8 comments:

  1. what great catch up pics. I absolutely adore my pincusion base. It's gorgeous!! I hope you have received yours too?
    I can't get over the blue fabrics being the same as mine. Originally I bought the vase and butterfly fabrics but never used them. I have used them for some other things but there is still some left if you would like them to add to your ufo!
    I think I prefer your design using these fabrics than mine. Please, please finish it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely goodies. That pincushion top is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo - those colors are just PERFECT on the Mother's Dream. :D I can't wait to see it. The round robbin must have been so fun to do on just a pincushion. This one turned out really terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you sure have been busy with all your swaps.
    Yes the pincushion is gorgeous. Saw it at Sue's but you have also added to it charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful mug rug! The lucky secret swap partner should be so happy to receive it :)
    The hexie flowers are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - lots of work! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet what a wonderful post i have enjoyed my visit and i love all your projects you are very clever,well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the mug rug, Janet. I absolutely adore it! It is lovely and bright and cheerful! And orange and hot pink are two of the best to put together, in my humble opinion. Plus, I LOVE Silent Cinema! I don't have any in my personal stash yet, but this is a great start! It's sitting right next to me helping me nurse my mocha right now!

    ReplyDelete