Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Christmas Quilt-a-long

Once again my Christmas Quilt-a-long was catch-as-catch-can.  A friend who has been gone since October came over to visit this morning after just arriving back in the Yukon.  When he left around 1 p.m. I got a little bit of sewing in, until my grandkids arrived around 3 p.m. to spend the night.  It is after 10 p.m. and DH is reading them a story prior to bed.  We’ve walked the dog, made homemade pizza for supper, had a sauna and then a bath, played Candyland and now they are finally tired and I’m finally able to show the sewing I got done today.

Four more blocks for my red and white Christmas mystery quilt.  I thought I had four blocks done, but when I went to get them to hang them all on the wall together, I found I had only made two last month.  Here are the six completed ones together.  I have six more to make.

IMG_4875

Isn’t this a pretty design! 

I plan to take this project to the quilt retreat next week, so maybe I’ll be able to jump ahead and get six blocks done and next month I can start on Quilt Sue's mystery quilt.  Sue is the ultimate hostess of Christmas Quilt-a-long and she has designed a mystery Christmas quilt for us this year.  This month was instalment # 3.  You can pick up instalment # 1 from Hazel at Hazel's Quilts, who was our hostess in February and instalment # 2 from Joanna at Needles, Thread, Happiness.  She was our hostess in February.

Instalment # 3 can be found here at Lesley’s blog The Cuddle Quilter.  Lesley was our hostess with the mostest for April and she even has a giveaway!  And you can check out all the Christmas Quilt-a-long quilters by following the Linkys on her blog.  Some of them might has some sneak peeks of Quilt Sue’s mystery quilt in the making.

Janet

8 comments:

  1. Really pretty blocks Janet! And such a usy day too, hope they don't tire you out too much today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks.. they look great together..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that red and white and yes it is a pretty design! Gorgeous in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your red a and white blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are stunning! Can't wait to see the finished top! The Christmas Quiltalong was a lot of fun today, but sounds like you also had a lot of fun with Candyland! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mystery quilt is looking great. Enjoy those grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete