Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, July 6, 2014

52 Week Photo Challenge–the word is PACKAGE

I DID get a package in the mail this week!  How fortuitous!!

IMG_7997

This is not a very exciting looking package.  Dull grey – the only colour is the pink on the postage meter slip.  And it is wrapped in plastic.  What’s with everything being plastic these days? So unappealing.  What happened to brown paper and string?  So much texture and old-fashioned goodness in that.  The only thing really interesting about this package is that it only cost $3.29 to come from New Jersey to here.  I paid more than that to send a LETTER to Australia last week!

But then I got to open the package….  Oh, lookie here!!

IMG_7998

I won this lusciousness from Chris at Made by ChrissieD in a Meadowlark blog hop back in June. Thanks Chris!!  I have linked you to Chris’ post for the hop so you can go and see what she made from this fabric.  I just love her table topper!  I am not sure I have enough fabric here to copy it, but maybe something similar.  A view of some of the different fabrics.

IMG_7999

That’s my package post.  Laughing out loud Smile Open-mouthed smile  I’m linking up with Shaz at Alsha's Space.

Janet

6 comments:

  1. Fabrics that call out for something special. I can see a new project in your eyes already, luscious is indeed the very words for these. Cheers,Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win! Very pretty fabrics. I especially like the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely win. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you sure got some good mileage out of that word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabrics - you lucky girl! I do agree about the plastic, brown paper is much more tactile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely package to get! Great win well done!! I agree too, paper is much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete