Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I am still alive!

It has almost been a month since I last posted!  I keep putting it on my to-do list and not getting around to it – it has been incredibly busy around here…

We went camping with friends one weekend.  The dog and I did a little kayaking…

IMG_8183

And some of us went on a long hike to Round Lake (which isn’t round, it’s long and narrow…

IMG_8194

My granddaughter had her 10th birthday!  We played silly games…

IMG_8203

And did tie dying… (that is  the 10 year old on the right in the photo, looking very efficient and grown up…)

IMG_8204

DD # 3 has been to visit a couple of times and we took the dogs for walks…

IMG_8213

I have done only a very small amount of sewing…

2014_09_01

A second round of hexies on one of my flowers, two tessellating cat blocks for my Paper Piecing swap partner, two hexie flowers for my Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap partner and a woven block for my Canadians Quilt partner…

And… it is my month in the Canadians Quilt swap so I had to make a sample block.  I have asked for a Union Jack block, using this free pattern on Craftsy by Tracy Jay Quilts.  I got my inspiration for using colourful fabric from Postcards from Panama blog.

IMG_8230

That is all I have to report.  It is fall here.  There is snow on the mountains – see my new header photo.  I am super busy at work, but we are off on a camping adventure this weekend with a friend who is visiting, I have a quilt retreat coming up in three weeks and then DD # 2 and her hubby and daughter come for a visit in a month from now.  Lots of fun to look forward to! 

Janet

11 comments:

  1. Busy, and yes, I see the snow is arriving, love those blocks, specially the cats. Take care as your colder days will arrive soon. Cheers,Jean p.s. lovely young ladies at a party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in such a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are well... busy is good and looks like you are having plenty of fun with it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun,beautiful scenery and at least a little sewing! What could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've been busy and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been kept busy doing lots of fun things with family and friends. Both human and furry ones.
    Also you managed to still keep up with your fabulous swaps.
    Thanks for the thumbs up for the Union Jack Pattern. Have been looking for one to put on an Aussie Flag Quilt I want to make for hubby's B/D... Think that is a good size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post janet. You have been having a great summer I see. Beautiful header! You live in such a beautiful place. Enjoy these fun times!
    Lovely sewing too!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your new header... it sure is a beautiful scene...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you - life is sometimes just too busy to blog, but good to know you're still around. Love that Union Jack block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have been having fun! Love your hexies and Union Jack blocks!

    ReplyDelete