Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, March 26, 2017

A sewing day with friends

Yesterday a group of my friends and I got together for a sewing day.  We don't have a group name - we are just people who have known each other for years and who all like to quilt.  It was a beautiful sunny day and I should have got a photo of our extended lunch break in the sun room.  Oh well, I did get a few photos...

Jo was really excited to show us the quilt she made for her grandson.  She had quilted it on her daughter's mother-in-law's long arm machine.  Her first time doing the quilting on a quilt.


Jo's project for the day was cutting pieces for a quilt for her granddaughter.

Linda sewed the binding on a quilt.  This beauty is made with Kaffe Fassett's except for the solid in the centre of the blocks.  Linda loves Kaffe Fassett fabrics and uses them in most of her quilts.


Caroline brought this quilt for show and tell.  About two years ago I gave her a bag of scraps - a big bag - garbage bag sized.  I have millions of scraps because the woman who runs the local quilt shop keeps a basket for people to throw their scraps into, and she gives a lot of them to me.  Well Caroline has made about four quilts out of the bag of scraps.  This is her latest one.


Caroline was working on a couple of tote bags.  Donna, whose house we were at, was working on a quilt that she started at a class we went to last year.  And I forgot to take a picture.

As for me - well after someone asked me how big the hexie quilt was, I measured it and decided that is needs to be bigger...  So I spent time cutting out second round hexies!  I will need another sixteen flowers.  Here are ten of them ready to sew.


And the two hexie flowers for my swap partner for March.  The end of March is coming up - I guess I better get these sewn!


And that was our day.  Today my daughters and grandkids are coming for a visit.  I am looking forward to the chaos!  :) 

Janet 



9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a "fun day" with your friends. Your hexie are coming along beautifully. It always seems like no matter how many flowers you sew, you could still use a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scraps, and the staircase, a stunning place for a photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing nicer than stitching with friends....loved the show and tell. How fabulous is your friends scrappy quilt.....upcycling at it's best. Your latest hexies are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts! And I love the way you they look against the staircase - what a perfect way to show them off! Glad you had a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet - lovely selection of quilts made by your friends. Sounds like it was a great day. Enjoy your visitors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely show and tell. Great scrappy quilt, I'm pleased my scrap bag was nowhere near as big as the one you gave your friend.
    More nice hexies for your quilt and to swap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun to get together with friends like that. And I recognized Donna's house, lol. Say hi from me next time you see her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great quilts!! love the scrappy one.
    and I'm finishing a hexie flower quilt too, but don't have a choice about the size, I used a layer cake to cut out the pieces and it's all used up, only have yardage for the border now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are a lovely quilts! What a perfect place Donna has to photograph even the largest ones! You are working away at the hexies....that quilt will be lovely, I know.

    ReplyDelete