Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

I know it isn't mother's day everywhere in the world but it is here in North America.  So happy mother's day to anyone who has been a mother, stepmother, adoptive mother, pseudo mother, or any other kind of mother.  It is a tough but rewarding occupation in life!

I am still having a very busy time at work and don't seem to get much done all week besides working.  But the weekends are a different matter.  Yesterday was my great nephew's third birthday so I whipped him up a place mat.

It is just a panel that I added borders too.  I think it is pretty cute.  I had made my grandson a place mat using this same fabric a few years ago, so now the little guy can be just like his older cousin.

I did a minimal amount of quilting on this and you can't see it really from this side.  It shows up a bit on the back.


I also managed to get another hexie flower finished this weekend.  I have seventeen made - just ten more to go before I can start putting the whole thing together again.


Spring is progressing here.  The ice is almost gone from the lake and the water is starting to rise.


We have a few more wildflowers in bloom and the barest beginning of buds on the trees.  The shrubby cinqe foil  is the only flower I could get a photo of.  The others are tiny and delicate and the wind was blowing them all about.  


That has been my weekend.  I hope yours was lovely.

Janet 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,oh that place mat is so cute ,he will love it.
    Well done with your hexies and boy what a beautiful pic of the lake xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the placemat -I hope he loves it. Nice hexie flower. Always good to see pictures from your area and your flowers too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute placemats...perfect for little boys xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous placemat for a dear three year old Janet..
    Lovely hexie flower 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet placemat! Love the Pirate theme and all the little octopi! Am looking forward to seeing your flower garden pieced together.

    ReplyDelete